Miracle Boxes are care packages for our troops serving overseas. They contain a variety of items, including socks, pocket foods and letters from home. Also in each Miracle Box we add a “Pocket Flag” reminding our Troops, we are thinking of them.
Donations can be dropped off between NOW and July 27th. Packing Party to be held on July 27th (Friday) from 11:00am to 12:00pm.
We call them “Miracle Boxes” in honor of Pfc. Joseph A. Miracle, a Michigan Soldier who gave his life defending his unit.
What we are asking for are donations, like or similar to the following:
- TOILETRIES: sun block, baby-wipes, chap stick, Travel size toiletries
- TREATS FROM HOME: Hot chocolate, coffee/flavored dry creamer, tea, soup, cup of soup, instant oatmeal, breakfast bars, dry gator aid, life savers, cereal, dried fruit, candy, instant foods, gum, beef jerky, nuts…and “pocket foods” (anything that will fit into a pocket our troops can take out on missions.)
- PERSONAL HYGIENE: sanitizer, “girl items”, socks.
- FUN STUFF: cards, puzzle books, blank cards to send to loved ones.
- TOYS for the children…to win the war on terrorism, we must win the hearts of the children!!
- CASH: Each Box we ship costs $15